Monday, March 12, 2012

12-03-2012: Tubing for the skeg wire

The epoxy has now hardened and its time to remove the silicone tube.

The silicone tube is very difficult to pull out, but a drop of ethanol does the trick.


The tube for the skeg wire is now pushed in place.


And finally the deck and hull are put together. I used all the straps and rope and tape I could get hold on to hold it in place. before I glued the two together with epoxy I waited a day to ensure myself that I had not forgotten anything..

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog, it's giving my lots if ideas. What do you do with the ethanol to get the tubing out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      Thank you.
      I just apply a couple off drops ethenol on the outside of the silicone tubing. The ethanol is drawn along the tubing due to the capillary effect and the silicon tube slips out. :-)

      Delete