Sunday, February 19, 2012

19-02-2012: Wire for the skeg / name inlay

Aaaargh - @#$!!**@#$ !!
I just wanted to check how the skeg wirering was to operate so I put the deck on the hull and hooked a bungee cord and wire to the skeg in the skeg box. From the skeg box to the wire cleat I placed the plastic tube in wich the wire should run. When trying to mount the tubing I realized that I have mounted the wrong tube bushing. I have 8mm tube and I had glued a 6mm bushing ti the wood block. I took my drill and "dismounted" the 6mm bushing. Then I tried again and found that the wire was almost impossible to operate. The near 90 degrees bend on the tubing made the wire slide very poorly. I need the tubing to meet the deck in a very narrow angle so there is no bend.


"Dismounting" the wood block


Repairing the hole. This will not be visible because it will be underneath the wire cleat. 

I placed the name inlay on the deck and glued it in place. The I wrapped the whole thing in tape very tight. (got no pictures of the tape wrapping)

No comments:

Post a Comment