Sunday, February 12, 2012

12-02-2012: Name inlay etc.

Today I made the name inlay for my kayak. I used the planer to make a bunch of shavings. After few sec in boiling water I could straighten out the shavings and place them to dry on a paper.

I carefully cut out small pieces of the shaving to form the letters.

Its not easy to see, but on top of the paper template is a piece overhead foil. I glued the small pieces of wood in place on the foil.

I have ordered 400g of micro balloons to use in the end pours. I have still not received the microballons but I am doing the preparations. I have made partitions of cardboard covered with packing tape.


Here I am testing the position of the foot braces. The foot braces are held in place by a couple of clamps.

The hoops for the bungee cord are coated with epoxy.

It has been a very productive weekend :-) I have even had time to make bread. Coarse rye bred with cheese and a glas of Amarone... (and yes I know I should have picked a proper glass..)

No comments:

Post a Comment