Sunday, November 20, 2011

20-11-11: Bow Hatch.

Today I glued spacer in place for the bow hatch. 
Its takes a looong time to build a kayak when you only build for 1-2 hours every other weekend. BUT never mind - the kayak is going to be ready for the water in springtime (the water is too cold now anyway).

Ready to mix the epoxy.


Applying epoxy to the spacer.

The spacer held in place with all the clamps I could fit into the hole. 

I thinned the remaining epoxy with a bit of alcohol and sealed the edges of the hatch lid with epoxy.

As with the rear hatch I spray painted the flange black. Next step will be to glue the flange in place as well. 
I gues I could have glued both the spacer and the flange in place at the same time, but I it is easier to hold things in place when glued seperately.


No comments:

Post a Comment